26 March 2006

Three

1) Of Niggers, Kids, and the Poor

As humans, we’ve clearly proven
How contagious hate can be,
I mean, really, it’s addictive, like crack or oil

Running hot straight through
A daylong sprint from A to Z
And everybody knows for sure it’s me

Grossly absorbed in the mundane
Activities of the pedestrians
At a dangerous pace indeed

I’m not accustomed to this reality
Preferring my myth and legend instead
When did I become so much like everyone else?

But shit yeah, I’m almost there
The end of the motherfucking line
If only it didn’t smell so rank in hell

2) Castles of Woe

Again, I’ve rediscovered the most sacred of zones
All these corners connected perfectly, intentionally
To me and all of my people
For influence and inspiration – for art and experimentation

Of tea and high places
My return to the wombs of various births
To proclaim, “Be one of us!”
As welcomed as feared as misunderstood

Charming magical magnetic bonds
Youth wasted on ignorance of our culture
Your expressions tell it all to me –
So over my own stories of sob and pity

Hands and ass – skin and bones
Each new lie as fascinating as the first truth
I see you as you see yourself
Through yourself and your mythical castles of woe

3) Add Ten Years

Add ten years and the differences
Are stark and subtle

Rhinestone skull and crossbones
Dudes fishing with the same old bait

But now both those creepy old predators
And the faggotty fashion pirates
Yap away into middlespaces of mobile telephony
[maybe to each other]

To some this is home
And they know where to vacuum the cars

Others visit blindly yet daily
Passing through to destinations

For a few this is all brand new
And is awe inspiring or just awful

But to even fewer this is a huge stage to perform
Not the honed and polished acts copied
From celebrity magazines and cable television

But fucking publicly performed real and dedicated art
No rehearsals – no guilt – no re-takes

Add ten years and the differences
Are minute and irrelevant